Erin Feges and I have started a monthly podcast/YouTube show called ‘Wine & BBQ’ to spotlight what a great pairing these two things are and to delve deeper into the wine world to further highlight this. I also feel we are kindred spirits because she loves BBQ, biscuits, and wine (it even says that on her Instagram profile).
Erin is an immensely creative chef who along with her husband Patrick Feges (an Army veteran and chef as well) own Feges BBQ with two locations in Houston, Texas. One in Greenway Plaza and the other Spring Branch (see maps, hours, and more for each spot at the bottom of this post). She is also a founding member and board member of the non-profit I’ll Have What She’s Having.
We mostly focus on the Spring Branch location, because it serves beer and wine (with a hand-selected wine list), however, we do talk about events and other goings-on at Greenway Plaza.
Episode 1 of Wine & BBQ with Erin Feges (Debuted February 8, 2022)
Wines Featured in this episode:
- Keush Brut, Origins
- Averaen Chardonnay
- The Grower Project, The Source, Sangiovese
- J. Bouchon, Salvaje, Pais
- Also mentioned Southhold Wine + Cellar
Episode 2 of Wine & BBQ with Erin Feges (Debuted March 7, 2022)
Wines featured in this episode:
- Don’t Forget to Soar – Southold Farm + Cellar – A Texas Hill Country Winery in Fredericksburg
- Lambrusco “Vecchia Modena”, Cleto Chiarli – 2020
- Von Donabaum Gruner Vetliner: Volker Wine Co.
We also had our FIRST guest on Episode 2! Volker Donabaum from Volker Wines joined us to talk about growing up in a winemaking family in Austria, his work across the United States at wineries, and his own Gruner Veltliner that he produced and is on the menu at Feges Spring Branch. It was a lot of fun and be sure to check back. We’ll be having guest every month.
Erin and I also talked about their ‘Veterans Eat Free Friday’ program which has now reached free meals for over a year. Incredible. If you want to participate you can purchase a gift card HERE. Please be sure to use firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient address and they will apply your donation/gift card to the balance of a Veteran Friday event. $350-$400 covers an entire Veteran Friday (approx 25-30 meals) but any amount will go a long way.
- To stay ‘in the know’ make sure you sign up for the newsletter at the bottom HERE.
- Also, EVERY Wednesday night is Steak Night at Feges BBQ Spring Branch
- See the wine list (and entire menu) at Feges Spring Branch HERE.
- Order online HERE
- Feges BBQ on Instagram HERE.