In this episode I get to sit down with Phillip Dormont, Director of Product Development for Treaty Oak Distilling.
- See all things Treaty Oak Distilling HERE
- Follow Treaty Oak on Instagram HERE
- Purchase their alcohol online HERE
- Their Ranch(and Alice’s Restaurant) is located at: 16604 Fitzhugh Rd, Dripping Springs, TX 78620.
- Shop for cool Treaty Oak swag HERE
- See them on Facebook HERE
- See where to buy Treaty Oak Distilling near you HERE
We do our interview from Pedernales Cellars in Stonewall, Texas. I caught him right after he got back from a long(ish) vacation because at the time they distilling because of the pandemic(they had switched over to making hand sanitizer). Phillip runs the whole development program at Treaty Oak and we talk in depth about what they offer. They are:
- Treaty Oak Red Handed Bourbon, Treaty Oak Ghost Hill Texas Bourbon, Treaty Oak Schenley Reserve Rye
- Treaty Oak Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Waterloo Old Yaupon Gin, Waterloo No. 9 Gin, Waterloo Antique Gin
New products coming: The Day Drinker, Gin and Tonic(and citrus version RTD (ready to drink world), Navy Strength Gin
Sign up for their newsletter(Pursuit of the Curious) at the bottom of the page HERE
He was born and raised in Dripping Springs(and now lives back in Dripping Springs) and has roamed from North Carolina to Nashville. It was in North Carolina that he started making moonshine with a friend and that leads him to why it made a perfect fit at Treaty Oak.
A great takeaway from this interview is a discussion of the history of whiskey and what makes bourbons, ryes, and what sets Treaty Oak Distilling apart.
See my chat with Scott Fogle from Alice’s Restaurant here: