In this episode I chat with Chris Prieto from PRIME Barbecue in Knightdale, North Carolina.
- See all things PRIME Barbecue here: https://prime-bbq.com
- Pre-Order here: https://prime-bbq.com/pre-order/
- See PRIME Barbecue on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/primebbq
- Check them out on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/primebbq
- Follow them on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/PrimeBBQ
- See Chris on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/barbecue_nerd/
- PRIME Barbecue Hours: Tuesday – Saturday. – 11AM – Sold Out
- Located at: 403 Knightdale Station Run, Knightdale, NC 27545
Be sure to check out the complete restaurant tour at the end of the video.
This chat was so great. It was actually supposed to happen over a year ago, but it seems like it was fate to happen now because we got a chance to explore what it was like to open a dream restaurant(one he bad been planning for 2 years) during the pandemic.
He opened Cinco de Mayo and goes into depth the build up to realizing that his opening would be completely different than he imagined and all the hurdles and fluctuations they had to go through to turn a sit-down business into a completely to-go one.
For his restaurant he obsessed over every single detail and goes into great depth about this in our chat. He also talks about his relationship with his mom and dad and how upsetting it was to not have them there for the opening.
He goes into insane detail about everything they are offering and the logic that goes into why they are on the menu. It sounds incredible. Especially options like Creekstone Brisket, scratch-made sausage, lechon and red beans and rice.
This restaurant is 100% of what he dreamt about and he has been preparing himself for his entire life for this.