The growth of BBQ joints putting on classes seems to have grown exponentially and because of that, what better holiday gift to the barbecue lover if your family or inner circle than a class taught by someone running their favorite BBQ spot?
Below is (that I will update frequently as classes are sold out or added). I have organized them by STATE and alphabetically by BBQ Joint. If you know of a BBQ joint that I’m missing please feel free to shoot me an email or message. I will add them as soon as I can.
- No dates set yet, but classes coming back soon. I’ll update once they provide the dates. Check out a piece HERE by Sean at NYCBBQ when he attended a couple years ago right before the pandemic.
- Fall 2021 or 1st Quarter 2022 – Whole Hog Extravaganza / Bovine Bonanza / BBQ MBA / 2021/2022. “We can’t wait to welcome y’all once again for an unparalleled barbecue educational and networking experience, and a celebration of all things whole hog and brisket. You’ll watch the top hog and brisket cookers in the country prep and cook their famous styles of barbecue and enjoy a feast at the end. While the barbecue is on the pit, the pit masters, joined by some savvy marketing and media minds, share their best practices and discuss timely and relevant issues in the BBQ MBA portion of the seminar.” Sign up for updates and to join HERE –
- $ 1,250.00 per person
Brett’s Backyard Bar-B-Que – Rockdale, Texas – One-on-one classes
- Classes are ONLY one person at a time and they have to be from out of state to take the class. 3 days long with a price of $ 950. To get on the list email Brett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brotherton’s Black Iron BBQ – Plugerville, Texas – Sausage Making Taught by Bill Dumas – World Renown Sausage Maker
- Classes held twice a month on Saturdays. Note: Bill is booked through January 2022, but he is scheduling more for February 2022. Pricing – $ 750 for 1 person, $ 1,000 for 2 people. Potential clients/students should contact and book directly with Bill at email@example.com
- December 4th – Barbecue Class – $ 250.00 per person
- December 11th – Barbecue and Christmas Prime Rib Class – $ 250.00 per person
Heim Barbecue – Fort Worth/ Dallas Texas – BBQ Class
- “2 Classes – Saturday December 11th and Saturday January 8th. Drink, taste, and smell all things BBQ! Q & A and the always impressive smokehouse tour. Ticket’s are limited.’
- Purchase tickets HERE – $ 225.00 per person. They’re always held at the Heim River location (5333 White Settlement Rd., Fort Worth, TX 76114).”
Hurtado Barbecue – Arlington, Texas
- Class information forthcoming. I will update as soon as I get word
- Come work directly with our pitmasters for a full weekend along with barbecue fans and cooks from across the country. Our next class is being held early 2022! Curriculum includes brisket (and the unique foil boat wrap method), beef cheeks, barbacoa, whole hog, sausage, cauliflower burnt ends, our famous smoked and seared burger, and more!
- The classes take place outside in a socially distanced setting at Cosmic Coffee + Beer. All meals will be provided from Friday evening through Sunday mid-day. We will have a limited amount of drink tickets per student for use at Cosmic Coffee.
- Tuition rates are $1500 per person. We’re excited to welcome students back to class in a respectful and safe way! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our email list and for more information. You’ll be updated when our next session is on the calendar!
- ALSO, they have one of THE BEST Patreon pages, where for just $30/month you have access to all of our recipes and videos. There over 100 now I believe. Sign up HERE
- Classes will be scheduled once a month on a Saturday from 10am-2pm. Classes are four hours long and limited to 15 students per class.
- Attendees will learn the whole process — the ins and outs of a smoker, wood selection, meat selection, trimming, seasoning, and more — for cooking brisket, ribs, and one other specialty meat.
- Follow them on Instagram for the class dates and times.
- December and January sessions of BBQU are sold out. There are (at press time) only 7 seats remaining for February 12th, so don’t delay. Sign up HERE
- Derrick is hoping to have another class prior to Christmas. Follow his social media HERE to stay up-to-date. They usually sell out in 3-4 days.
Zavala’s Barbecue – Grand Prairie, Texas – Free Class
- Saturdays 8am – 10am – “We do them, I just don’t know when we will the next one. It’s just been crazy busy. They are FREE and get booked fast. Our goal is to do one a month on a Saturday.” Follow his social media HERE to get an inside scoop.
- BBQ 101 will provide an overview of basic BBQ principles. Jack and Joe will talk about all the meats we cook at Jack’s BBQ including brisket, pork ribs, sausage, chicken and pulled pork. They’ll also give an overview the technology of smoking, do demonstrations, and answer questions from attendees during this live session held via Zoom. New classes coming back online SOON.